Paper Making / Writing / Printing
_ Project Description:
1. As a group decide who will research each topic.
2. Research your topic and report back to the group.
3. Complete activities.
4. As a group, you will need to design a tri-fold board that includes a title, research, examples, pictures, photos, project description & all group member names.
5. Be prepared to present your project.
1. Make a clay tablet and write a sentence in cuneiform.
2. Make and print a cylinder seal.
3. Make homemade paper.
4. Print a wood block print.
5. Make a book that contains an example of each type of writing researched.
6. Make a one of a kind book that includes all group members’ research.
Project Outline Handout
Couching: (pronounced cooching) Transferring the sheet of paper from the frame to the absorbent material.
Deckle: A frame that holds the pulp in place and determines the size of the paper.
Fibrous: Made of fibers; a fiber is one of the thin, (generally microscopic) strands which comprise plant tissue.
Pulp: Fibrous material prepared from wood or recovered waste paper for use in manufacturing paper.
Recycle: Reuse of a material.
Slurry: A liquid mixture made up of fibers and fillers used in papermaking.
Paper Making - Eco Friendly Kids - www.ecofriendlykids.co.uk
Paper Craft Ideas -- Paper Crafts for Kids | FamilyFun.com - familyfun.go.com
History of Paper - History for Kids! - www.historyforkids.org
Make Paper! - www.wipapercouncil.org
Inks and Writing Tools
Wood Block Printing